Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Reply To: Fairfield paving

David Jennings
Keymaster

Here is a quote that Troy obtained back in March. Fairfield Ave Quote March 16, 2021

I spoke with the rep about the quote. The numbers are still good. I did not request a formal quote for concrete but a rough estimate is 50% more. I’ll bring this up at the next council meeting and if council wants to move forward, we’ll do a formal bid process and see where we land.

So this quote basically breaks down like this:

Option A: Mill (scrap off) two inches of the current surface and then put two inches of new topping on the old base. The cost would be $54,810 for Fairfield to Sunrise and an additional $33,495 from Sunrise to the curve on Miramar. Total cost would be $88,305 plus the cost to bond the project.

Option B: Mill (scrap off) ten inches of the current base and surface, then put eight inches of base and two inches of topping down. The cost would be $138,000 for Fairfield to Sunrise and an additional $52,500 from Sunrise to the curve on Miramar. Total cost would be $190,500 plus the cost to bond the project.

Please ask any questions or offer any suggestions so that we can have a productive discussion at the next council meeting.