March 31, 2022
The City of Shoreacres will be conducting an auction of a used flagpole that was in use at the entrance to the City on Shore Acres Blvd. until last year when it was replaced. The flagpole can be placed in service and contains all pieces necessary for this task.
The flagpole is not a typical flagpole, it is a “Gaff Rigged Flagpole” like you would likely see at a yacht club or maritime center. It is available to view in its current state by appointment during normal business hours by making an appointment at (281) 471-2244.
The City will accept sealed offers at Shoreacres City Hall in person from March 31, 2022 until April 14, 2022 during normal business hours and on April 15, from 8:30 am until 10:00 am. The sealed offers will be opened at 10:00 am on Friday, April 15, 2022 at 10:00 am in the council chambers located at 601 Shore Acres Blvd, Shoreacres, TX 77571. You are welcome to attend the event as it will be open to the public.
The following procedures will be used as guidelines:
- All offers must be in writing and contain your name, address, phone number, email and the amount of your offer in dollars and cents
- The offer must be placed in a sealed envelope and delivered to City Hall by the end date and time
- City staff will accept the envelope and mark it with the date and time of arrival, any exact bids received will be honored by the first one received
- The auction item will be auctioned “as is,” with no warranty or refund
- Payment must be received by close of business on Monday, April 18, 2022. If not received by then, it will go to the next highest bidder
- The winner of the item assumes all responsibility for the pickup and delivery of the item. It must be removed from the current location no later then close of business on Tuesday, April 19, 2022.
- Payment must be by check, money order, cashier’s check, cash or credit card (plus 5% for credit card fee)
- Bill of sale provided upon request
For any questions, please contact City Manager Troy Harrison at (281) 471-2244 during normal business hours.