Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Boil Water Notice for portions of Shoreacres

The Boil Water Notice is for the area of the 100 – 300 blocks of Seagrove, Shadylawn, Oakdale, Baywood and all of Brookside. It also includes all residences on Sunrise and Miramar from Shoreacres Blvd south to Baywood.

Boil Water Notice for Community Public Water Systems

May 9, 2023

Due to a water main upgrade, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has required the City of Shoreacres, public water system 1010207, to notify certain customers to boil their water prior to consumption (e.g., washing hands/face, brushing teeth, drinking, etc). Children, seniors, and persons with weakened immune systems are particularly vulnerable to harmful bacteria, and all customers should follow these directions). 

To ensure destruction of all harmful bacteria and other microbes, water for drinking, cooking, and ice making should be boiled and cooled prior to use for drinking water or human consumption purposes. The water should be brought to a vigorous rolling boil and then boiled for two minutes. 

In lieu of boiling, individuals may purchase bottled water or obtain water from some other suitable source for drinking water or human consumption purposes. 

When it is no longer necessary to boil the water, the public water system officials will notify customers that the water is safe for drinking water or human consumption purposes. 

Once the boil water notice is no longer in effect, the public water system will issue a notice to customers that rescinds the boil water notice in a manner similar to this notice. 

Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail. 

If you have questions concerning this matter, you may contact LaWanda Weiss at (832) 942-1041.